Friday, July 15, 2016

The thing about a book

The thing about a book
A good book takes you on a journey over oceans, mountains, deep dark forests, tracks and trails, war grounds, and modern cities; makes you look through windows, down hallways, and reach into people's hearts and minds. But what it does to your desire after you are done reading is what is troublesome. It is the real metric for how good the book really was. Do you just throw it away and say, "Thank Goodness, I finished that one", or do you hold on to it and think, "oh my! what am I going to read now", or do you just smile and say, "oh what a journey!". I have been reading books I already read and keep thinking, "oh my! what am I going to read now". I am reluctant to get anything new lest I go with the flow and just go about reading anything. Oh I know, I am rambling. But what do I read now?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for verifying your account with word verification.